Parts Counter Sales
Parts Counterperson – Auto Dealership
All you need is one year of experience in a dealership warehouse to change your career path for the better. We need a reliable, professional parts counterperson to purchase, sell, store and issue parts within our busy dealership. Sure, you’ll need to be good at ordering parts and maintaining inventory, but you’ll also need excellent people skills when dealing with customers and internal staff. The right person can expect great pay, great benefits and a great dealership family environment.
- Determine needs and accurately specify parts accordingly
- Create and modify purchase orders
- Issue purchase orders to appropriate vendor to order parts
- Record warranty parts returned
- Create special ordered parts on dealership computer system and notify ASM, technician or client upon receipt
- Review special order parts tracking
- Process and close open invoices
- Compare invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received
- Keep records of outside purchases and parts received and issued
- Perform ongoing warehouse parts inventory
- Attend weekly department meetings
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED; One year of dealership warehouse experience and/or training; Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Holiday and VAC Pay
- 401k Retirement savings plan with company match
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free Work Environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer
About Our Dealership
Since 1938 and with over 75 years of success, Team Gillman has been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. The business was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank’s son, Ramsay Gillman, continued and expanded the business his father started with a constant emphasis on customer service and satisfaction.
Now, owned and operated by Ramsay’s son Chris Gillman, Team Gillman has dealerships in Houston & Rosenberg representing Acura, Honda and Subaru. Success has not altered the organization’s founding principle. Every employee in every Team Gillman dealership knows customer service is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.