Sales Porter - Subaru North Complex
Porter - Automotive
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven Porter. The Porter assists the Sales Consultants through the sales process by performing tasks essential to producing results, while not actually closing the sale.
- Keeps demos prepared to show
- Pulls cars from inventory when needed
- Fills deliveries or demos with gas
- Washes cars if needed
- Takes sold inventory to make ready/prep center
- Keeps all cars showroom ready
- Maintains inventory
- Transports cars to clients or to offsite locations for additional work
- Helps perform physical inventory monthly
- Attends weekly department meetings as appropriate
This position requires the member to drive a standard transmission. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to be a team member are essential to this position.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Operator's Drivers License (must be insurable and ability to drive a standard transmission).
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, & vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Holiday and VAC pay
- 401k Retirement savings plan with company match
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free Work Environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer
About Our Dealership
Since 1938 and with over 75 years of success, Team Gillman has been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. The business was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank’s son, Ramsay Gillman, continued and expanded the business his father started with a constant emphasis on customer service and satisfaction.
Now, owned and operated by Ramsay’s son Chris Gillman, Team Gillman has dealerships in Houston & Rosenberg representing Acura, Honda and Subaru. Success has not altered the organization’s founding principle. Every employee in every Team Gillman dealership knows customer service is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.